The Oceania Fencing Confederation is calling for Expressions of Interest from Referees to officiate at the following OFC Championships in 2023:
1. Oceania Junior Championships in Dunedin NZL on 1 – 2 July 2023. One Referee will be appointed from Australia.
2. Oceania Cadet Championships in Papeete Tahiti from 29 September to 1 October 2023. Up to four (4) Referees will be appointed.
3. Oceania Senior Championships in Melbourne AUS from 1 – 5 December 2023. One Referee will be appointed from New Zealand.
1. The OFC Board will decide which Referees will be appointed, based on Expressions of Interest received by 5pm AEST Saturday 17 June 2023.
2. Active Referees who have an FIE License in more than one weapon will be given preference, followed by active Referees who have been recognised by their Federation as competent to officiate at national competitions.
3. The OFC will cover airfare, accommodation during the relevant competition and a per diem of AUD 90 for each day of the competition, plus one day.
In the case of the 2023 Cadets, OFC will cover the costs for up to 2 Referees & the Tahitian Fencing Federation will cover the costs for up to 2 Referees.
For the Cadets, preference will be given to Foil & Sabre Referees, at the request of the Tahitian federation.
Expressions of Interest should be emailed to OFC Secretary General Ms Andrea Chaplin at email@example.com by 17 June 2023.
The Referee appointed for the Junior Championships in Dunedin will be announced as soon as possible after 17 June.
The names of the Referees appointed for Cadets & Seniors will be announced by 15 July 2023.